Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

SELF- PITY

I am what I am because I choose to be
I am what I am because you deserted me
Left me with an empty heart of hate and misery
Unable to live life and sworn to destiny
Where is hope?
Swallowed up by this gluttonous world
   A world filled with those who only take
With no consideration for the needy and paupers who’s ache
Don’t be fooled by my assured exterior
For deep within I am weak and inferior
Self-pitying oneself to the point of no self-redemption
  Even worse than a tumour that slowly devours ones cells
This devours ones soul  
Until all that remains is the empty carcass of a lifeless being
Just awaiting for the day of liberation
The day when this gluttonous world finally feasts on this isolated shell
Then suddenly time ceases with the setting of the sun
As Self-pity engulfs another hopeless victim

1 comment: